There are many sentient races in the Hayven Celestia universe. With only a few exceptions, most planets that support intelligent life only bring about one form of it, and so unless noted each race has exactly one native homeworld. While intelligent life is relatively rare, the galaxy is a very big place and has been explored for a very long time and so possesses an abundance of examples.
- Tall (~3m) canid race with long ears and uniformly short, dark fur.
- Breathes bromide compounds. Can have skin contact with oxygen-nitrogen environments without issue.
- Find it very impolite (overly intimate) to use hands in direct reference to others, including touching, pointing, or making gestures. Instead, they use rods for such actions.
- Anup rods are plated with a highly conductive gold alloy and are heavily personalized; since the computer age they encode their rods with a digital signature in lieu of using a handprint or other method of identification.
- Tanuki-like species. They have very round and bouncy bodies.
- Medium-sized (~1.7m) felid race.
- Geroo Religion and Lore
- Communicators/computer terminals/wallets worn in a holster on the left bicep (typically).
- The geroo call their communicators strands because the connectedness they feel "weaves the people into a tapestry."
- When sitting down with friends, geroo consider it polite to remove their strands and set them face down on the table to indicate "you have my full attention."
- Currency - Credits (written ₢5 to indicate five credits) are stored electronically on their strands. Geroo transfer money from one strand to another by tapping them together.
- sabertooth tiger race.
- medium-sized, long furred, and adapted to live in frigid environments
- Small-sized (~1.2m - 1.5m) vulpine race.
- Language consists of sign language. Chirps and chitters are used to modify the meaning of certain signs.
- Hekiru can be taught to speak.
- "Tree squirrel" sapient species.
- Absolutely enormous (~12m to shoulder, ~36m to tail) reptilian race that walks on all fours known for being resilient, intelligent, and very very long-lived.
- The krakun unit of currency is a gold (golds, plural)
- Tall (~2.2m) leonine race that grows famously long manes.
- Moongose-like species. Males are ~1.5m tall, females are ~2.1m tall.
- Very small (~0.4m) mouse-like race, usually living within the slums of Liotec and often used as (mostly willing) lab subjects by the Lio.
- "Flying squirrel" sapient species.
- Short (~1.5m) procyonid race with long ringed tails.
- Very tall (~4.5m at rest, ~13.5m head to tailtip) naga-like species. The "ss" is sharp, and their species name is pronounced pedantically as ßarith.
- Long-bodied species largely considered vermin by the krakun, but in actuality fully intelligent and civilized. Able to modify their own DNA.
- Mysterious saurian race known largely by reputation, enemy of the krakun
- canine race standing around 1-2 meters in height.
- Wear masks to conceal faces as a cultural religious tradition, those without masks are seen as outcasts or slaves.
- Worship a goddess named Alamanotl, there are smaller children gods of hers which are also revered such as Shino (Wisdom) and Shaolyotl.
- bear race
- large bodies
- specialize in weapon creation and physical combat
- Porcupine race
- 1-2.5 meters in height.
- Quills can grow up to a meter long and are seen as a status symbol in the community
|Non-compatible, but temporarily breathing-survivable.|
|Mucous membrane contact okay, breathing impossible. Filtering/supplementing through invisible technical means fine (implants, nose-only rebreathers)|
|Skin contact okay, mucous membrane contact dangerous (must keep eyes/throat or other exposed body parts protected)|
|Skin contact is dangerous (must maintain full environment suit)|